In case we haven’t met…
I’m Sandy, straight-talking number-cruncher who believes in rolling up my sleeves and getting stuck into your business to make life easier for you.
My passion is the Small Business Owner, the Start-Ups, and The Great Aussie Battlers just trying to get ahead…following dreams and trying to make a difference.
This may surprise you…
#Truthbomb…I’m more like a detective than an accountant! I find the clues in your figures to identify the small changes to make the biggest impact. Then BOOM! Just like that we’ve made a tiny tweak that makes your life easier, simpler and more satisfying. And that’s what I love about this role. 😊
I’ve been an Accountant for over 12 years now, but I’m in my element as my own boss! I thrive on the freedom to offer affordable fees, flexible appointments and time to really listen to my clients, after all, you’re the people battling to make a difference in the world, and I’m here to support you.
I like to break the mould when it comes to accountants, so when I’m not bean-counting you’ll find me being creative. Whether it’s drawing portraits adventuring or fundraising, I’m a big believer in giving back, so wherever I can contribute, I do.
What I believe now and always –
It’s really important to be a good human, to look out for the community and pay it forward. I’ve created a business with heart, that enables me to look out for others, pay the extra for people in line at the Supermarket and put things under the Kmart wishing tree each year.
If this sounds like the kind of person you’d like by your side, then give me a try. We might have some laughs along the way while we are at it…I sure hope so!
The Redgum Story
After nine years working as an accountant at a large public accounting firm, I decided in 2017 that I was ready to make the leap and run my own show. Redgum Accounting was already a well-established business, and as the previous owner retired, I took the helm and became Owner and Principal Accountant.
If you come to Redgum Accounting, then you’ll be dealing with ME. I like to keep it personal and can see the beauty in staying small. It means I can be the accountant in your back pocket, an affordable alternative who’ll never say no to a natter.
But don’t get me wrong, moving from employee to entrepreneur wasn’t always plain sailing. Like most business owners, I’ve put more hours in to the business than I imagined possible (after all, I thought being my own boss would mean I work less hours!) But every step of the way my clients make it worthwhile.
10 Things You Don’t Need to Know About Me
(but are kinda fun!)
1. My favourite movie is Love Actually because, well, CHRISTMASSSSS!!
2. I can pretty much recite any scene from “The Young Ones”
3. I like to stay up much too late, and it makes it hard to get up in the morning. That’s why 9am is the earliest appointment I ever make…brain function is limited before coffee!!!
4. I can’t stop watching a movie before the end…even when it is terrible. I have to see how it finishes. It’s a bit weird, but it’s a thing.
5. I also don’t like to use un-matching cutlery…it makes me very uncomfortable.
6. I colour-coordinate my pegs. One quarter of my washing line has blue pegs. One quarter has white, one quarter has pink, and one quarter has green. My hubby and kids ALL enjoy mixing them up. Weirdos.
7. Toilet roll definitely goes OVER. If I am at your house and you got it wrong – I WILL CHANGE IT FOR YOU!!! #yourewelcome
8. I have a LOT of laugh lines…I am proud of them. I have very few grey hairs. Coincidence? I think not.
9. I like people who live a little outside of the box, who march to the beat of their own drum, and who make it a mission to help those around them.
10. I use capitals A LOT…it’s not grammatically correct, but cool stuff deserves a capital letter in my books!!
Are we a good fit?
Book a Try Me Out Session!